The purpose of this study was to recommend the improvement methodologies for the productivity of oil pump in a manufacturing company. Any manufacturing company should use its resources in an efficient manner thus improving productivity and minimizing cost. The original time study and the MOST were used to evaluate oil pump assembly. The results showed that MOST resulted in 12.60sec and the time study resulted in 14.30sec.
Time study, MOST, Efficiency, Machine cycle, Motion study
1) Zandin, K. (2001). Maynard's Industrial Engineering Handbook [Hardcover] fifth edition, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY,Section 4, Chapter1, p.2.
2) Payne, S.C., Youngcourt, S.S. &Watrous, K.M. (2006). ‘Portrayals of F.W. Taylor Across Textbooks’, Journal of Management History, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 385-407
3) Salvendy, G (Ed.) (2001). Hand of Industrial Engineering: Technology and Operations Management, third edition, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, Section IV.C, Chapter 54.
4) Groover, M.P.(2007). Work Systems: the methods, measurement and management of work, Prentice Hall.
5) Krenn, M.(2011). From Scientific Management to Homemaking: Lillian M. Gilbreth’s Contributions to the Development of Management Thought, Management &Organisational History, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 145-161.
6) Tuan S. T. (2014). Improvement of workflow and productivity through application of MOST, Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Industrial engineering and Operations Management, Bali, Indonesia, January7-9, 2014.
7) Yadav T.K. (2013). Measurement Time Method for Engine Assembly Line with Help of Maynard Operating SequencingTechnique (MOST), International Journal Of Innovations In Engineering And Technology (IJIET), vol. 2,no.2.
8) Gupta, M. P. K., and Chandrawat, M. S. S. (2012) To improve work force productivity in a medium size manufacturing enterprise by MOST Technique, IOSR Journal of Engineering (IOSRJEN), Vol. 2, no.10, pp. 08-15.
[Sukwon Kim (2016), Time and Motion Study of Oil Pump Assembly, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer Science & Technology (IJIRCST), Vol-4, Issue-4, Page No-124-126], (ISSN 2347 - 5552). www.ijircst.org
Ph.D,,Department of Physical Education,Chonbuk National University, Jeon-ju City, South Korea